Golden Goose Yeti Ice Bandana
Golden Goose Yeti Ice Bandana
A golden yellow for trail guys and trail girls.
Ice bandanas are typically used by ultra runners to stay alive in the heat of the day but you are welcome to use it doing any hobby. I've been an ultra runner and a 100 mile aid volunteer for a few years now and I've found these key factors in this game of keeping cool.
(1) You need ice to stay put and not fall out - but you don't need a zipper or velcro that can break. My fold over design locks in your ice of any size in two quick rolls.
(2) You need the ice to stay on your neck, not your back. Ice that falls to the bottom on a bandana is not ideally placed. I engineered mine to stay high and tight to your neck.
(3) Dear God please have an insulation pocket in your bandana. Mine does! It keeps your ice around until you make it thru your run or to the next aid station (about 2 hours) and keeps your neck from getting straight-up frost bite..I'm in enough pain thank you.
(4) An aid station volunteer needs to know how to work with your gear. Show them the pocket in the top. There are no extra holes that ice falls straight out of like others. They fill it half full and you fold in x2 and tie back on your neck. No drama llama.
(5) LOOPS! When I first started running and they told me to strangle myself with heavy ice I was like - no. I designed the loops system that you don't have to use but can be attached to your hydration pack keeping ice tight to the neck and zero pressure on your throat. Ta.Da. It's my greatest invention next to the Trucker Visor.
The yeti is my third take on the ultimate ice bandana and I believe it is real real dang close to PERFECT!
Inside pocket color may vary depending on factory end materials I use.
Fill the faux suede insulation pocket at the top fold of your bandana halfway with ice cubes.
Roll down twice.
Wrap around your neck and tie to secure.
Optional: Thread your vest straps through the black loops. (If you are not wearing a vest you can tie the ends around your sports bra straps for the same comfort or disregard, they still look cool.)
Which visor should I choose & other great questions
Trucker vs Sprinter
Both styles are built with 4 panels instead of the lame old onesie (and we have the patent on it!) This gives your visor a faux hat look in the front without sticking straight up like the crazy person you might be but you'd rather not show.
Truckers have a layer of foam sewn inside the front 2 layers. This gives it a structure just like a trucker hat but leave the top open for your bunsies. This is our most stylish visor and my personal favorite.
= If a Trucker Visor was a shoe it would be a Siiick Toms ankle boot.
* Not as packable, please treat with a certain amount of respect.
Sprinters fit more like dad caps with thinner front panels that sit closer to your head. This is our most comfortable style in the heat and for those sensitive heads.
= If a Sprinter Visor was a shoe it would be a cozy Adidas sneaker.
* Cram it in your bag, no one cares.
Barfers vs Classic
Now choose your fabric!
Barfers are made with spandex. This gives a sportier look and a comfortable stretch. Fits the biggest and most sensitive heads.
Classics are made with less or non-stretch polys and wools. These visors look a bit more upscale and you don't always have to be sweating in them. If your hair washing routine tends to gets spread out a bit, you'll need one of these.
Come big heads and small! We have a highly adjustable buckle strap system with quick tightening in the wind.
Approx 21 to 24.5 inches circumference.
Some find that the Truckers fit smaller heads better. Sometimes new customers will need to try both styles to find their true love fit. Free returns are available just just such a situation.
You seriously make these?
Yup! The concept was created when I took a pair of scissors to a Tahoe tourist hat but no hats are currently being harmed in production, these are made from scratch with factory end fabrics in small batches and you will find them to be entirely different in the look and feel from a factory visor made overseas.
Bend your bill as you wish. It's a medium weight, moldable plastic. I give mine a little bendy bend before wearing until it's broken in. A slight bend helps the top of the cap fit it's best on most heads.
Washing & Care
Hand wash and hang dry. You can use the same water and soap as you do...looks like you have a shower buddy!!!
Take extra care of the foam front on the truckers, do not crush.
Take extra care of metallic spandex, do not scrub heavily.
The standard spandex sprinters can be put in the machine but it might hold a grudge.